Last updated June 2020
Anni Edwards values and is committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to) explains how we collect, store and use your personal information and why we do this. And, how you can let us know if you prefer to limit the use of that information and your rights in relation to that information.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about how we use your data and your rights. This policy will answer any questions you have but if not, please get in touch with us.
This policy relates to your use of this website. When you are using the Anni Edwards website, Anni Edwards is the data controller.
How we collect your personal information.
- When you visit our website and make a purchase either through your account or, when you checkout as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us.
- When you contact us via any method to make an enquiry or complaint.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you participate in any competitions, prize draws, promotions and surveys.
What sort of information do we collect.
When you shop with us at www.anniedwards.com, we ask for and collect information to process your order, such as your name, billing and delivery addresses, telephone number, email, the items you have ordered and payment details. If you create an account with us, we will store passwords.
Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels.
To deliver the best possible shopping experience we may also collect technical information regarding your visit to www.anniedwards.com including: your location, your computers IP address, how you were referred to us, your browser and device type, the pages you viewed or searched for and duration of your visit.
How we use your personal information.
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. We use the information we have to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible and to ensure we provide a high level of service.
We will use your data to:
To process any orders you make on our website.
- To manage your account with us.
- To respond to any queries, complaints and refund requests you make.
- To assist in the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal activities on our website or your account.
- To personalise your visits to our website, to display the most interesting content to you
- To, with your consent, keep you informed about relevant products, promotions, events and offers. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time.
- To develop and improve the Anni Edwards website, our systems, products and the service we offer.
- To meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements
How we protect your personal information.
We know how much data security matters to us all. We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
- Access to your account area is password protected.
- We do not capture or store your payment card information.
- Any personal information collected is accurate and kept up to date.
- We keep your personal information only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Your personal information is kept securely.
- We use encryption to safeguard your personal information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection.
How long we keep your personal information for.
We will retain your personal information no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for. Information that is no longer needed will be securely deleted or anonymised.
Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information; however the longest we will normally hold any personal information for is 5 years.
Who we share your personal information with.
We sometimes share your personal information with trusted third parties, in order to fulfil our obligations to you. These include:
- IT companies who support and maintain our website
- Delivery companies and couriers, to fulfil your order
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
- Direct marketing companies, to assist us in marketing communications
We do not transfer your information to anyone for marketing purposes without your consent.
Other circumstances in which we may share your personal information to third parties:
- If we or our business are acquired by a third party, our customers’ personal data will be transferred to the buyer;
- If we have to disclose in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us our customers, or others.
The international transfer of personal information.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside of the European Economic Area, usually when service providers are located outside the EEA or to process international orders.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and your personal information will be kept secure.
The EEA includes all EU Member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Your personal data rights.
Data protection law provides you with certain rights, including the right to: access, rectify, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of, your personal information.
Right of access - You have the right to request access to your personal data. You can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, free of charge in most cases.
Rights of Rectification and Erasure (the right to be forgotten) - You may ask us to correct or remove any personal information you think is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete.
Data portability – you can require us to provide a copy of your information that we hold in a commonly used machine-readable format (such as a csv file) to have your personal information transferred to another entity, where technically possible.
Right to withdraw consent or restrict processing - you may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time.
Processing for marketing purposes – you may require us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing, either through specific channels, or all channels.
Processing for our legitimate interest - In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your rights, or where the processing is necessary in relation to legal action.
You can raise an objection, withdraw consent or restrict processing by email to email@example.com
The use of your data for direct marketing communications.
You can sign up to receive marketing communications through our online sign up form, when you create an account or during the checkout process. Simply tick the opt-in box at any of these stages.
Marketing communications may be sent by either electronically via email or physically through the post.
If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email communication or log into your account to change your preferences.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Cookies and how we use them.
As well as using cookies relating to the processing of your order, we also use site analytics and marketing cookies:
Google Adwords; MSN/Bing
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Your use of other websites.
How you can contact us.